Monday, June 8, 2009

Meteor?


Tonight, around 8pm, while I’m go for a walk around my house and look up the sky, I see something appear on the sky…it looked like a small fireball with a short tail…the flash was like blue and white. It’s so bright and run fleetingly which I’m sure tat it’s not an aeroplane, it’s a meteor? I’m not sure. But the first action I do is just imitate those drama and movie, close my eye and hand, make a wise inly. Am I ridiculous? Make a wish to a stone…haha.
Again, what is meteor? Below is the answer tat I found frm wikipedia:
A meteor is the visible streak of light that occurs when a meteoroid enters the Earth's atmosphere. Meteors typically occur in the mesosphere, and most range in altitude from 75 km to 100 km.
For bodies with a size scale larger than the atmospheric mean free path (10 cm to several metres) the visibility is due to the air friction that heats the meteoroid so that it glows and creates a shining trail of gases and melted meteoroid particles. The gases include vaporized meteoroid material and atmospheric gases that heat up when the meteoroid passes through the atmosphere. Most meteors glow for about a second.
Meteors may occur in showers, which arise when the Earth passes through a trail of debris left by a comet, or as "random" or "sporadic" meteors, not associated with a specific single cause.
lastly...hopefully all my wish come true and hv a peace on earth.

2 comments:

hua said...

u really saw it oh ?
haha...so lucky ne
hope ur wishes will come true

yen said...

i'm not sure,hehe...it's run fleetingly,juz few second only...i can't saw so clearly.
sure sure my wishes will come true
haha...thanks ya